DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter with FlightAutonomy and 4K Video / 12MP Stabilized Camera with OcuSync Transmission System
If you are looking for a top quality, high performance, feature loaded Drone for either personal or professional use, then without doubt the DJI Mavic Pro is a very serious contender for your affections.
This really is an awesome piece of UAV technology.
A blend of superior design and portability, competitive mid range pricing and truly innovative high quality features to ensure you get the very best out of your flying experience as well as some major excitement along the way.
Salivating yet ?? You should be !!
Let’s dive in…..
+ High End Camera Quality
+ 3 Axis Gimbal for Extremely Stable Footage
+ Packed with Standout Features
+ Compact Design – Very Portable & Sturdy
+ Speeds of up to 40 mph !!!
+ Satellite and Vision Positioning Systems
+ Obstacle Sensing System
+ Intelligent Flight Battery
+ Long Control Range
+ Longer Flight Time
– Camera functions less well in low / poor light
- OCUSYNC TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: The latest long range transmission technology
- ANTI-COLLISION SENSING: Will avoid objects automatically in the flight path
- GPS / GLONASS / VISION POSITIONING: Satellite and on board Camera positioning systems
- HIGH QUALITY CAMERA: 4K Video and 12 MP Photo quality for amazing aerial footage and photos
- 3 AXIS GIMBAL: For very stable video footage and photos
- GESTURE MODE: Using gestures only it will follow you and take selfies
- ACTIVE TRACKING: Allows you to mark and track a moving object
- TAPFLY: Decide where you want to go, Tap the screen and it will automatically fly there
- RETURN TO HOME (RTH): 3 modes of RTH; Smart, Low Battery and Failsafe
- SPEED: Up to 40 mph (65 kph) in Sport mode without wind
- FLIGHT TIME: Up to 27 minutes depending on use
- WEIGHT: 743g
- DIMENSIONS FOLDED: L 198mm x W 83mm x H 83mm
Q) Can the Mavic Pro be used by beginners ?
A) Yes, it can certainly be used by beginners and is very easy to learn to fly
Q) Is the Mavic Pro Waterproof ?
Q) Will the folding mechanism wear out ?
A) It has been rigorously tested to over 5,000 folds so very unlikely to wear out
Q) Is FAA registration required in the USA?
What is Included in the Box?
Here’s what you get for your money;
- 1 x DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter
- 1 x Intelligent Flight Battery
- 1 x Gimbal Cover
- 1 x 2.4Ghz Controller
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Power Cable
- 3 x Propellor Pairs
- 1 x Gimbal Clamp
- 1 x MicroSD Card (16GB)
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 3 x RC Cables
- 4 x Cable Sliders
The release of the Mavic Pro introduces the smallest and most compact UAV with camera made by DJI to date.
This however certainly does not mean they have made any compromises to the functions and features of this amazing quadcopter – far from it !!!
The Mavic Pro is extremely portable and travel friendly.
This is due to the clever design so you can take it pretty much anywhere with ease.
It will easily fit into a backpack or similar small bag as it just folds away neatly and doesn’t require any disassembly to fit into a larger case unlike some other higher quality drones.
This versatile Drone will appeal to a very broad range of people, from amateur enthusiasts right through to professional photographers and videographers.
It has a 4K enabled camera, a host of extremely cool features, very decent battery flight time of up to 27 minutes per charges (depending on speed and wind factors) and it’s also very fast – it has a top speed of up to 40mph (65kph).
It handles really well in mild winds and will deliver very stable 4K video and 12 megapixel photos thanks to the motorized gimbal.
In addition, you can even switch from portrait to landscape as the module will rotate, so you get the shot you want when you want.
You can live stream at 1080p when in close range moving to 720p at the longer ranges.
The 2.4 GHz controller is extremely well designed and equipped with OCUSYNC which is DJI’s latest long range transmission technology.
This enables a flight control range of up 4.3 miles (7 Km) !!
It has an LCD display which keeps you up to date on the aircraft data and holds your smart phone so you can easily view the video stream.
It’s also possible to use your phone on its own to control the Mavic Pro via Wifi mode.
When you need or want to come home, the Mavic Pro has 3 Return To Home (RTH) options which will automatically bring you back to exactly where you started from;
- Smart RTH – Use the RTH button when you decide it’s time to come home
- Low Battery RTH – Triggered when battery levels are at a low point which may affect safe return
- Failsafe RTH – Automatically activated if remote control signal is lost
When you arrive home, the Precision Landing System uses both GPS and vision positioning to bring you down to earth safely.
It will automatically scan and try to match the terrain features from when it took off and when it matches it will start landing immediately.
Along the way, there is also obstacle avoidance sensing due to the vision system, so the Mavic can detect an object in its path and take steps to avoid any potential collisions.
Below are some of the other cool features work from the DJI GO 4 app on your smart device;
- TapFly – view the area you are in via the camera and then tap where you want to fly on the screen and the Mavic will automatically fly to that location
- Gesture Mode – The Mavic vision system will recognize your gestures and then perform the matching functions associated to them allowing it to follow you and then take a selfie without using a phone or controller
- Active Tracking – Identify, mark and then follow any moving item such as people, animals or even vehicle
Overall we feel you get a lot for your money and this is a great quality product that has it all – fun, excitement and state of the art technology.
We would really love to hear about your experiences with the DJI Mavic Pro.
Please leave us a message below and let us know what you think!