Holy Stone X400C 2.4GHz 4 Channel 6 Axis Gyro Quadcopter with FPV Wifi Camera
As a Quadcopter for beginners or intermediate flyers, this is not a bad choice.
It is very agile, responsive and fun to fly.
It also has FPV (First Person View) live camera capability although this is at the budget end so don’t expect too much.
Here is a quick summary overview;
+ Easy to learn and great fun to fly
+ FPV (First Person View) camera
+ Agile and responsive in flight
+ Very sturdy and can take some crashing!
+ Easy to assemble and maintain
+ Good features
– FPV Camera at lower quality end
– Will heat up so cool down breaks required
- 6-AXIS GYRO: Equipped with the latest 6-axis flight control systems making it more stable and flexible when flying
- HEADLESS MODE: Quadcopter faces the same way as your controller for easier control
- ONE KEY RETURN: One key return to help avoid loss of your Drone
- 360°ROLL: Perform flips at the press of a button
- CAMERA: FPV Real-Time Transmission for IOS or Android
- LEFT/RIGHT HAND THROTTLE CONTROL: can be switched between Left Hand Throttle and Right Hand Throttle
- CONTROL DISTANCE: About 100 meters
- BATTERY: Flying time: About 8 minutes / Charging time: About 80 minutes (USB Charging)
What is Included in the Box?
Here’s what you get for your money;
- 1 x Quadcopter
- 1 x Transmitter
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Goggles
- 4 x Blades
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Manual
If you’re looking for Quadcopter that if fun, agile and great to fly, then this is a good choice.
You also have the advantage of getting an FPV camera for a budget price, but as you would expect this is at the lower end and the camera is limited in performance and quality and can have some issues so be prepared.
The controller has the option to switch throttle control between left or right handed which is pretty useful and also has a throttle limit mode for beginners, so you should be able to get a good level of control in a short space of time.
It also has 6-axis control and a headless system which also helps with flight control, together with one key return which is a good function.
This Quad is very fast, responsive and agile and you can perform flips and rolls at the press of a button which is great fun.
As mentioned the camera isn’t great quality and there is no gimbal stabilization, which makes for some shaky footage results.
It is FPV live streaming to your phone but can have wifi range issues and can be unreliable.
If you want a good quality FPV Camera Drone then this isn’t for you.
The good news is all parts are available and they have designed it so that they are easy to replace, so if you have any serious crashes or accidents or need to do some general maintenance, you will be able to do this without any problems.
Due to the short flying time versus charging time, it’s a very good idea to order extra batteries which are quick and easy to swap over, although this Quad does heat up so you need to give it a 10 minute rest between battery changes.
Overall a great Quadcopter with some nice features, just needs a better camera, but for the price it’s probably what you should expect.
We would love to hear about your experiences with the Holy Stone X400C so please leave us a comment below or get in touch.