Potensic F181DH 5.8GHz FPV Quadcopter Drone with 720P HD Camera, Stepless Speed and Altitude Hold
Welcome to our review of the Potensic F181DH Quadcopter
You may not have heard the name, but Potensic make pretty great Drones so it’s definitely worth you checking them out when you want a good quality product.
Here’s our review the F181DH which is loaded with great features including FPV (First Person View), altitude hold and a brilliant stepless speed function which makes it great fun, easy to fly and suitable for beginners through to more advanced pilots.
Well priced and definitely great value for money, not necessarily the cheapest on the market, but for what you get and the great quality it’s pretty much everything you could want in a Drone.
Let’s see exactly what this great Quadcopter has to offer….
Who Is This Suitable For?
Beginners / Novice
+ 720p HD Camera Quality
+ FPV (First Person View)
+ Great Flight Assisting Features
+ Stepless Speed Function
+ 2 x Batteries included
– No Return to Home function
- FPV REAL-TIME TRANSMISSION: Connect your phone with the Quadcopter camera and the view will be shown directly on your phone in real time
- CAMERA QUALITY: 720p Video with 2 Megapixel camera for great aerial footage, photos and FPV flying
- FLIGHT FUNCTIONS: 1 key take off and landing and Altitude Hold functions
- STEPLESS SPEED FUNCTION: Shift your speeds easily from slow to fast, with gradual acceleration and deceleration, so it’s safe and easy to fly indoors as well as racing around outside
- HEADLESS MODE: Usually the forward direction is the same at the Quadcopter nose direction, but if using Headless mode the forward direction will be the same as your remote controller
- ONE KEY 3D ROLL: 6-Axis Gyro flying control system assists with stable flying and ability to perform 3D rolls with one press of a key
- BLADE PROTECTORS: Protective circles preventing the blades getting damaged during collision and for safety
- FLIGHT TIME: Around 7-8 minutes depending on use
- BATTERY: 2 batteries included for double the fun
Q) Can the Potensic F181DH be used by beginners?
A) Yes, it’s great for beginners and advanced pilots and is very easy to learn to fly
Q) Is the Drone Waterproof?
A) No. You should avoid flying in wet conditions and landing in water
Q) Is FAA approval needed?
A) No. It is under the 250g weight limit so no registration needed.
What is Included in the Box?
- 1 x Potensic F181DH Quadcopter
- 1 x 2.4GHz Transmitter
- 1 x 5.8GHz FPV LCD Screen with built-in 500mah Li-po Battery
- 2 x 3.7V 750mAh Li-Po Batteries(1 outside,1 equipped)
- 1 x 4GB TF Card
- 1 x USB Card Reader
- 1 x Battery Charger
- 4 x Blades
- 1 x User ManualU45W Blue Jay Wi-Fi Drone
This Drone has pretty much everything you could want, especially as a beginner, so let’s get into it!
To start with, it comes with FPV (First Person View) so you can stream in real-time live video of what your Drone camera is seeing directly to the screen display on the controller, making for a better flight experience. It also comes with a 4GB SD memory card so you can record your flights and impress your friends and family later on!
Not all Drones come with FPV and it really does make a difference in your flight experience. It will only stream to the controller LCD screen monitor and isn’t compatible with VR headsets, which some Drones can do.
The drone flies really well and is very easy to learn and control, thanks to the flight assisting features.
It’s also well built and robust, with prop guards so that it can take some bumps, bangs and crashes. It comes with extra propellers and comes with a limited 12 month guarantee against defects.
The controller is well laid out and easy to use, and comes with a 5.8GHz FPV LED Monitor which streams real time images from the Drone camera giving you a birds eye view of your flight.
We then come to the flight assisting functions which are particularly great for beginners;
To start, a fantastic feature of the F181DH is the Stepless Speed Function, designed with all pilots in mind, be they beginner or advanced. You can speed up or slow down effortlessly which is a huge benefit when flying a Quadcopter, as this gives you total control, meaning if you want to fly and practice indoors, you slow down the speed making it easier to handle.
To compliment the Stepless Speed Function, the F181DH comes with 1 key take off and landing making it easy to do both and a great altitude hold function, so once you take off the Drone will hover awaiting further commands, which is fantastic for beginners learning controls. These functions all combined mean you really get start enjoying the use of your Quadcopter right from the start and straight out of the box.
There is also headless mode which works by making the forward direction of the Drone the same as your remote controller, rather than fixed with the nose direction, which makes life less complicated.
It has a 6-Axis Gyro flying control system to stabilize flying and also the ability to perform 3D rolls with one press of a key which is a lot of fun and really cool.
Due to the charging time versus flight time which is around 7-8 minutes, it’s great that the F181DH comes with 2 batteries already so you can enjoy the fun for twice as long! Just remember however to always to give the motors some time to rest between each flight so they don’t overheat. If you allow a good 5 minutes between each flight that should be enough.
Overall this is a fantastic Drone for beginners and up to advanced pilots and we feel you get a lot for your money as this is a great quality product that has it all – fun, excitement and FPV flying.
We would really love to hear about your experiences and thoughts about the F181DH or any other Potensic product you may have used, so please leave us a comment or ask a question below.