Syma X9 Remote Control 2.4GHz 4 Channel 6 Axis Gyro Quadcopter Car
Are you looking to Drive and Fly – then welcome to the future of flying cars !!!
The Syma X9 is a unique and first of its kind Quadcopter Car hybrid that is a great choice for kids and beginners to Toy Drones because it’s such great fun and quite easy to control.
Drive around like a normal Remote Controlled Car and if you come up against an obstacle – no problem – just fly over it !!
Here is a quick summary overview;
+ Dual use Quadcopter and Car
+ Can be used Indoor & Outdoor
+ 2 x Batteries included
+ Beginner and expert modes
+ One key flips and rolls
+ Very sturdy and robust
+ Great fun for Kids & Beginners
– No Camera
- FLY & DRIVE: Quadcopter Car hybrid can fly in the air AND drive on the ground
- 6-AXIS GYRO: Control system assists with stable flying
- 3D FLIPS: Ability to perform 360° Flips with one press of a key
- THROWING FLIGHT: allows you to throw your RC into the air and immediately begin flying
- 2.4 GHz TRANSMISSION: Fly or drive at long distance with responsive controls and minimal interference
- CONTROL DISTANCE: Range of about 40-50 meters
- AUTO SWITCH MODES: Land mode is automatically activated when the car is on the ground and Fly mode when up in the air
- 2 x BATTERIES: Flying time: Around 5-6 minutes per battery / Charging time: About 100 minutes (USB Charging)
- WEIGHT: Weight of the Quadcopter is 3.6 oz / 10.2 g so no FAA registration is required
- LED LIGHTS: Keeps your Aircraft visible if flying at night
What is Included in the Box?
Here’s what you get for your money;
- 1 x Syma X9 Quadcopter Car
- 1 x 2.4G Remote Controller (1.5V AA Batteries Not Included)
- 2 x 3.7V 600mAh Battery
- 1 x USB Battery Charger
- 4 x Extra Blades
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x User Manual
If you are looking for a really fun Toy Drone for your kids or you like Remote Control (RC) cars yourself and want to take it to the next level then this is just right for you !!
The Syma X9 is one of the first Quadcopter/Car hybrids and has great functionality and is easy to use thanks to the throwing flight ability which allows you to launch straight into the air and immediately begin flying.
This is useful because while the Car mode works well on hard and smooth surfaces, you can get into difficulties in tougher terrain such as grass or longer pile carpets.
Like any RC car it moves forwards, backwards and turns left or right as required, but the real benefit is where you encounter obstacles which would thwart the progress of a normal RC Car.
For this clever hybrid it’s no problem as you simply launch into the air and carry on your way!
Whilst it doesn’t have headless mode or one key return, the Quadcopter mode is great too and does have good functions such as 6 Axis Gyro for stable flying.
Stunts are easily performed with the ability to perform 360° Flips in all directions with the press of a key.
When you want to land you can seamlessly touchdown and start driving in car mode as soon as the wheels hit the ground.
The controller is basic and has some fake buttons for effect, but it is fairly easy to get used to so shouldn’t take very long for you to get a good degree of control and performing cool stunts.
There are also 2 flying modes, beginner and expert, so this helps as well.
Flight time is usually about 5-6 minutes and charging time is around 100 minutes via USB so it good that there is an extra battery included.
You can also order extra batteries if you want to keep the fun going for longer.
Overall this is a great Toy Drone and we think not bad value for what you are getting.
It’s quite sturdy and can take some knocks and we think has a great design too.
It’s a great gift for kids or beginners to Quadcopters with the added benefit of the Car mode.
Please leave us a comment below and let us know what you think !!