UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 Channel 6 Axis Gyro Quadcopter with FPV Wifi Camera
Are you a beginner or fairly new to Quadcopters and want to try of the fun and excitement of FPV (First Person View) flying for a relatively low cost?
The cool and stylish UDI U818A is a great choice as it comes ready to fly (RTF) straight out of the box and has a lot of cool features which make it great fun and quite easy to control.
It has a good quality camera so you can also take video or pictures and it’s compatible with 3D VR headsets for that added extra dimension.
Here is a quick summary overview;
Who Is This Suitable For?
Beginners / Novice
+ FPV live video feed via your phone
+ Compatible with 3D VR Headsets
+ Great Flight Assisting Functions
+ 6 Axis Gyro Control
+ Low Battery Alarm
+ 2 x Batteries Included
+ Great for Beginners
– Difficult to fly in winds
- FPV REAL TIME TRANSMISSION: Connect your phone with the Quadcopter camera and the view will be shown directly on your phone in real time
- VR HEADSET COMPATIBILITY: Sync your VR headset to your controller to really bring life to your flight
- 2MP HD CAMERA: Capture good quality aerial footage and photos
- CUSTOM ROUTE MODE: Trace your desired flight path on the mobile app screen and the drone will follow along the path unassisted
- ALTITUDE HOLD MODE: Helps stabilize aerial photography and video while in flight
- TAKE OFF & LANDING: Take off or land easily by pressing one button
- HEADLESS MODE: Usually the forward direction is the same as the Quadcopter nose direction, but if using Headless mode the forward direction will be the same as your remote controller
- ONE KEY 3D ROLL: 6-Axis Gyro flying control system assists with stable flying and ability to perform 360° flips with one press of a key
- CONTROL DISTANCE: About 40 meters
- BLADE PROTECTORS: Protective circles preventing the blades getting damaged during collision and for safety
- BATTERY: Flying time: About 7-8 minutes / Charging time: About 120 minutes (USB Charging)
- LOW BATTERY ALARM: Drone LED light flashes for low battery
- WEIGHT: 131.9g – FAA Registration not required
- LED LIGHTS: Colorful Flashing Lights to assist night flight
What is Included in the Box?
Here’s what you get for your money;
- 1 x U818W Wifi FPV Drone
- 1 x 2.4Ghz Controller
- 2 x Batteries
- 1 x VR Headset
- 1 x Power Bank
- 1 x 4GB SD Card
- 1 x SC Card Reader
- 1 x USB Battery Charger
- 4 x Spare Blades
- 2 x Tools
- 1 x User Manual
So What Do We Think – Our Verdict
If you’re looking for the added dimension of First Person View (FPV) then this is a really great choice for you, as this is also compatible with 3D VR Headsets.
There are also a lot of really cool flight assisting features included.
The U818A Quadcopter has a HD camera that will transmit your images via Wifi back to your smartphone.
This allows FPV which you can also record to an SD card and for the price the image quality is quite good.
The frame is lightweight and can appear flimsy but is in fact quite sturdy.
The key here is flexibility which absorbs shocks when crashing and in doing so makes it quite durable.
There are some really great flight features available that are perfect for beginners.
There is one button take off and landing, which allows the Drone to hover automatically after take off and fly down slowly and land safely before shutting off the rotors, all at the press of a button.
There is also an emergency stop function which can come in handy if you lose control and your Quadcopter starts heading off into the sunset.
Altitude hold mode allows your Quadcopter to maintain a consistent stable altitude when flying, which is great when you want to take aerial photographs and keep everything under control.
Another really cool feature is Custom Flight Route Mode.
This allows you to draw a flight line on the appointed area of your smartphone screen and then the U818A will fly according to the flight line you have just drawn.
Stunts are easily performed with 360° flips forward / backward / left / right at the press of a key.
The 2.4 GHz LCD controller is quite easy to get the hang of and you should be able to get a good level of control in a short space of time if you are a beginner.
The 6-axis flight control systems and headless modes helps here and there are 2 modes – beginner and advanced.
The flight time is fairly average of about 7 to 8 minutes with a charging time of around 120 minutes so it’s good that this comes with a second battery included.
Overall this is a great Quadcopter to fly and the FPV gives you a completely different and exciting perspective when flying using the 3D VR headset.
If you have any questions or comments please let us know below – we would love to hear from you.